ATTENTION COMMUTERS, RESIDENTS, AND BUSINESSES IN THE VICINITY OF THE SAN DIEGO FREEWAY (I-405) BETWEEN THE SANTA MONICA FREEWAY (I-10) AND THE VENTURA FREEWAY (US 101)
The I-405 Sepulveda Pass Widening Project will add a 10-mile northbound carpool lane on the San Diego Freeway (I-405) from the Santa Monica Freeway (I-10) to the Ventura Freeway (US 101), and will realign select ramps, improve bridge structures, and erect sound walls. Anticipated project completion is Spring 2013.
To do this work, the Contractor will isolate the work zone from the freeway traffic by placing concrete barriers (k-rail) on the shoulder of the I-405 freeway for the 10-miles stretch.
What: Full segmented Freeway Closure to delineate temporary traffic lanes for the placement of concrete barriers (k-rail).
When: The delineation of traffic lanes for northbound I-405 and selected locations for southbound I-405 is anticipated to start the night of Tuesday, January 12, 2010 for approximately four weeks, weather permitting. The anticipated work hours are from 7:00pm to 6:00am. Following the delineation, k-rail placement for northbound I-405 is anticipated to start on Monday, February 8, 2010 for approximately four weeks between the hours of 7:00pm and 6:00am.
Where: San Diego Freeway (I-405) between the Santa Monica Freeway (I-10) and the Ventura Freeway (US 101)
What to expect:
Delineation of traffic lanes
- Ramp closures may start as early as 7:00pm, followed by freeway lane closures at 9:00pm and full freeway closures from 12:00am to 5:00am during the delineation of traffic lanes.
- The closures will be done by segment. Details on segment locations and dates will be available at www.metro.net/I-405 prior to the closures beginning.
- Following the completion of this activity, there will be the same number of thru traffic lanes as there are currently.
- K-rail will be placed on the shoulder of the freeway to isolate the work zone following the delineation of traffic lanes.
- During the k-rail placement, temporary lane closures and ramp closures will be implemented. Details will be available at www.metro.net/I-405.
- For road side assistance during construction, please call the Metro Freeway Service Patrol at #399.
To learn more about detailed closures, detours and ride share programs, please visit metro.net/I-405.