Women are big decision-makers when it comes to buying and designing a home. So what do women really want in a home today? A recent Coldwell Banker home buying survey about men and women home-buying preferences informs us on the way women are looking at potential homes. Men tend to be more interested in a home’s space and dimensions, but women tend to be more swayed by a home’s aesthetics, layout, and functionality.
So if women are the main decision-makers when it comes to the interior of homes, what do they most often want in a home?
Here are some of women’s most common preferences in homes, according to recent surveys. The list included:
1. Large and well designed closets, especially in the master bedroom.
2. Jetted bath tubs
3. Big, open kitchens that include space for dining, entertaining, doing homework, and socializing
4. Comfortable spaces for socializing, such as a kitchen island or comfortable den
5. A walk-in pantry in the kitchen
6. A linen closet in the bathroom
7. Space in the garage to put sports equipment and gardening tools
8. Low maintenance, such as easy to maintain landscaping and a home that is new or recently renovated
The Bremner Group at Coldwell Banker
REALTOR, 00588885, ABR, CDPE, eAgent, CSP, SFR, HRC, CRE
(O) 310-571-1364 DIRECT
(D) (310) 800-2954
Accredited Buyer Representative|Certified Distressed Property Expert |Pre-Foreclosure Specialist Certified
I want you to know that I appreciate any referrals from friends and associates who may be in the market to buy or sell real estate. You can count on me giving them the same high-quality service I provide to all of my clients.