This is the season to recycle so why not give the environment the best present of all this Christmas and put your waste to good use?
Easy ways to enjoy a greener Christmas:
• When shopping take a reusable bag and say no to plastic ones.
• Check the packaging. For example buy drinks in bigger bottles as they generate less waste.
• Stick with tradition and put presents in a stocking that can be reused.
• For toys and electrical gadgets, buy rechargeable batteries—for every 500 charges you’ll save 499 batteries from being thrown away.
• Cardboard from bulky present packaging can be recycled.
• Got new glad rags for Christmas? Why not donate old clothing you no longer wear to charity?
• Recycle wrapping paper from Christmas morning as well as Christmas cards.
• When it’s time to take your real tree down remember to chop it up and place it in on your curb, ready for recycling.
• Don’t forget you can also take any extra waste or recycling to your nearest household waste recycling center which will be happy to take it off your hands.