April showers bring May flowers, so check your roof for leaks and get a head start on summer—have your A/C unit checked and cleaned.
● Replace your furnace filter
● Clean kitchen exhaust hood and air filter
● Always have a multi-purpose fire extinguisher accessible.
● Make sure the light bulbs in all your fixtures are the correct wattage
● Review fire escape plan with your family
● Have a professional air conditioning contractor inspect and maintain your system as recommended by the manufacturer
● Check for damage to your roof
● Repair all cracked, broken or uneven driveways and walks to help provide a level walking surface
● Check all the fascia and trim for deterioration
● Check your water heater for sediment build-up and temperature
● Check the shutoff valve at each plumbing fixture to make sure they function
● Clean clothes dryer exhaust duct, damper, and space under the dryer
● Replace all extension cords that have become brittle, worn or damaged
● Inspect and clean dust from the covers of your smoke and carbon monoxide alarms